We are so blessed to have two beautiful daughters. Every single day is a blessing and I am quickly learning to not take one moment for granted. The times I've blown off a plea for a push in the swing is no longer. Life is precious and good health is a gift.
A recent struggle for a family I have never met has deeply touched me. See the link below about an amazing boy, Tadan. His life was cut short by a horrible rare disease. The mother, Carisa is a good friend of Seph's aunts family (Joni's sister, Tricia). "Team Tadan" grew on Facebook by the thousands in his final days and brought me to tears numerous times. God bless this family and every family who has lost a child. Absolutely heart wrenching.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2139075/Heartbreaking-moment-little-boy-enjoyed-experience-ocean-rare-incurable-brain-disease-took-life.html#comments
A wake up call that good health can be taken at any moment came to us on April 16th. Audrey had an ompthamologist appointment which stemmed from her 9 month well check. The reason for the appointment was her "thrusting" of the head when tracking side to side and her delayed gross motor development. We were blind sided with a diagnosis of OMA (Oculomotor Apraxia). (Audrey is still not getting to a sitting position on her own or pulling herself up like many other children her age).
We will be going for an MRI on May 16th and then meeting with a neurologist at Children's Mercy on May 24th. Everyone's good thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated during this time. I will utilize the blog to relay information to family and friends that know about this blog to eliminate the unnecessary or unwanted emails with details as we progress through this journey. I certainly don't want to leave anyone out that would like to be included and vice versa. I hope everyone understands.
We obviously have more questions than answers right now. We have started immediate occupational therapy and will aggressively pursue all resources available to us. Every day I am challenged to to take it one day at a time and remain cautiously optimistic and am limiting the natural desire to "surf the internet".
Thank you for all your support.

1 comment:
Your family (huge!!) is ALL behind you!! I have faith there is NOTHING you and Seph can not handle!!! ENJOY the years!!!
We love you all!!
Post a Comment