So, we had a fun weekend in Wichita! Saturday I went shopping all day with Seph's sister - Shawna, his Mom, and his Grammy. The little ones were left with the men! We drove to Marion, KS where we went to an antique shop and then out to this guys mill / farm house where he had sheds and sheds and rows and rows of STUFF (aka JUNK). It was so neat to look through everything - I mean he had it all - anything from old windows, doors, wagon wheels, tons of rakes, milk cartons to chairs and furniture. The list could go on....then a nice little lunch and a cool little shop in downtown Newton took a little more of my spending money before heading home.
Then, we ALL loaded up to go eat at a brewery and watch the bull riding championship. It was a first for me. Anything to give Seph and me an excuse to throw on the ol' cowboy hats :) Emily Jo did GREAT with so much action to watch. She would just dance and go crazy every time music played (between rides). She became a fan favorite in and around our seats. The riding itself wasn't that spectacular as Shawna tells me, "the bulls won tonight". In other words, there weren't too many riders that made it the 8 seconds to earn a score. It was a whole new world to me and I did enjoy it!
Emily Jo got worn down though. She was up past 10pm BOTH nights and would NOT nap on our drive home Sunday. She woke up Monday with a 101 fever! Daddy stayed home with her Monday and I stayed home on Tuesday. Luckily she woke up fever free and will be able to return to daycare on Wednesday! So, as Seph was quick to point out I got the "easier" day. What he doesn't realize is I still WORK when I am at home with her so there isn't anything "easy" about it, in my opinion. Just thankful it was a little fever - I suspect teething as I see one breaking through....
BE SURE TO CHECK THE NEW SLIDESHOW TO SEE JUST HOW BIG OUR PEONIES REALLY ARE ;-)
Until next time!
1 comment:
Looks like that was a fun time. I love the cowboy hats. I have never been to a bull riding competition. Maybe I should put that on my 'must do in life' list.
Post a Comment