Monday, July 5, 2010

1st Annual Block Party!

My mission was a success!  I distributed fliers about a month ago to collect names, emails interested in participating in an organized block party for our neighborhood.  We are not in city limits and have no homeowners association so getting to know people has its challenges.  We have since gotten to know about 5 or 6 families with young children quite well.  Of course, those were the "core" of who participated in the parade, yard games, and firework celebration yesterday.  
I was thanked many times for organizing it.  And really, I didn't DO much - just put out a flier, made a sign, and encouraged people to come OUT and get to know your neighbors!  There is a young family that has lived on this street for 6 years and has NEVER befriended anyone on the block - there are now 5 families with girls about the same age that we hang with quite regularly.  Pretty cool for the kids to have those friendships begin so young!  I could go on and on about the memories we created yesterday, but I'm sure you'll get the drift by looking at the pictures.  This summer has been a BLAST with Emily Jo who is just a social butterfly that thrives being around others!  FUN TIMES!
I hope each of you had a safe and fun 4th of July!!!

No comments: